Terms & Conditions
Definitions in these Conditions:
“Seller” means Gas Fired Products (UK) Limited.
“Buyer” means persons. firms or companies supplied with Goods.
“The Goods” means goods or materials supplied by the Seller to the Buyer.
1. General. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Seller these conditions which supersede any earlier sets of conditions appearing in the Sellers catalogues or elsewhere shall over‑ride any terms or conditions stipulated incorporated or referred to by the Buyer whether in the order or in any negotiations and all guarantees warranties or conditions (including any conditions as to quality or fitness for any particular purpose) whether expressed or implied by Statute common law or otherwise are excluded and hereby negatived.
2. Description. All descriptive specifications drawings and particulars of weights dimensions and materials have been given by way of identification only and the use of such information shall not constitute a sale by description. The Seller’s servants and agents have no authority to make any representation statement or report not contained in or incorporated into a quotation by the Seller and the Seller shall not be bound by any unauthorised representation statement or report. If the Seller adopts any changes in construction design or the specification of its products the Buyer shall accept the products so changed in fulfilment of the order.
3. Terms of Guarantee. The Seller will free of charge (save for carriage) supply a replacement for any Goods or component parts supplied which shall. within twelve months of delivery be found defective by reason of faulty materials or workmanship. provided and on condition that:
(a) The Goods supplied shall, since delivery, have been used and maintained in accordance with the Seller’s information sheets and/ or other instructions issued by the Seller. and will be or have been paid for by the due date.
(b) The Goods supplied shall not have been misused, used in contravention of regulations or in any way interfered with subsequent to delivery at the premises of the Buyer.
(c) The alleged defect is not attributable to fair wear and tear.
(d) The Buyer shall within ten days of the discovery of the alleged defect notify the seller in writing of it giving sufficient reference to or particulars of the claim to enable the Seller to deal therewith.
(e) The decision of the Seller shall be final and conclusive on all questions as to defects and the repair or replacement of parts. If any part is replaced by the Seller’s the part so replaced shall be the property of the Seller.
(f) Should the Goods or component parts be found to be defective within the first 12 months of delivery the Seller will undertake to arrange for, the replacement part to be supplied at no cost to the Buyer, provided conditions within this section (a) to (e) have been met.
(g) Defective part(s) which are replaced are to be returned carriage paid to the Seller by the Buyer.
Should the Goods or component parts be found to be defective within the first 12 months of delivery the Seller will undertake to meet the cost of, or arrange for, the replacement part or parts to be fitted at no cost to the Buyer, provided conditions (a) to (h) above have been met.
Should the Buyer wish to undertake the work to fit the replacement parts themselves, the cost of any works by the Buyer or their representative must be agreed in writing with the Seller prior to the commencement of said work. Failure to have this agreement may result in the Buyer not for the work.
4. Exclusion of Liability. The Seller will not be liable for any damage illness injury disease or incapacity (whether direct or indirect) caused to the Buyer or persons authorised or permitted by him to operate use or come into contact with the Goods or to other persons animals goods produce or other property in connection with or arising out of the installation and or use of the Goods. Nothing in these conditions shall be read as attempting to exclude rights which by statute cannot be excluded.
5. Damage In Transit. The Seller will repair or replace free of charge goods damaged or lost in transit (excluding any transit under arrangements made by the Buyer) provided the Buyer gives the Seller written notification of such damage or loss within such time as will enable the Seller to comply with the carriers conditions of carriage as affecting the loss or damage in transit. The Buyer is advised to inspect the Goods immediately on arrival.
6. Delivery. Delivery is included for UK mainland. Any time or date named by the Seller is given and intended as an estimate only and the Seller shall not be liable to make good any damage or loss whether arising directly or indirectly out of delay in delivery. The Buyer shall bear all charges for collection packaging shipment cartage warehousing insurance and other expenses incurred by the Seller in the delivery of the Goods. Goods are not accepted by the Seller for return from the Buyer without the Sellers previous consent in writing.
7. Prices. Prices shown on our website are shown in good faith, whilst every effort has been made to ensure they are accurate, no responsibility will be accepted for errors and omissions. We reserve the right to alter prices and specifications without notice.
Prices shown include delivery UK mainland and include VAT.
8. Terms of Payment. All prices quoted are payable in pounds sterling (unless otherwise specifically stated) at the time of purchase.
9. Applicable Law. These terms of business shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of England.